After Hours Care
The Olin PIN service is staffed by registered nurses who can provide answers to health related questions and advice regarding whether medical care should be sought. The Olin PIN service is available 24 hours per day, every day.
Phone call: 1-800-273-8255
Text START to 741-741
Local Urgent Care Facilities
Visits to these facilities will be at the patient's expense. Urgent Care facilities cost much less than emergency room visits and can usually treat patients more quickly. Urgent care clinics offer medical care, lab and x-ray for illness and injury that are not life-threatening, such as cuts, sprains, flu or fever.
- Lansing Urgent Care 517.999.CARE (2273)
Clippert street location is open 24 hours. The other locations are open Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm.
- 505 N. Clippert, next to the Frandor Shopping Center is open 24 hours. (1.84 miles from Olin Health Center)
- 2289 W. Grand River, next to Playmakers. (2.4 miles from Olin)
- 4440 W. Saginaw Hwy,
Lansing, MI 48917
- 320 E. Jolly Road,
Lansing, MI 48910
- Sparrow Urgent Care: 517.333.6562
- 2682 E Grand River Avenue, East Lansing - Open 8 am to 8 pm daily.
- 98point6 Emergicenter: 517.913.6711
- 1540 W. Lake Lansing Road, Suite 203, Lansing Township - Open M-F 12 noon to 10 pm; S-S 10 am - 8 pm
In the event of a medical emergency call 9-1-1 or go to the Sparrow emergency room. Most insurers define a medical emergency as a sudden, unexpected illness or injury that poses an immediate threat to life, limb, or body function. Many insurers will not cover ER visits if the situation is not an emergency.
- Sparrow Hospital Emergency 517.364.2616
1215 E. Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI. Sparrow Hospital has a 24-hour emergency department. Students experiencing a medical emergency are advised to call 9-1-1 for ambulance transport to the hospital. (2.87 miles from Olin)
Additional Emergency Services
On and Off Campus Emergencies: Call 9-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention (Lifeline)
24 Hour Emergency Service Collect Calls Accepted 24 Hours
- MSU Counseling Center Sexual Assault - 24 Hour Crisis Line
- Crisis Text Line - Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information
Text START to 741-741
- MSU Police and Public Safety - 24 Hour Emergency Service, Dial 911
517.355.2221 Business Line
- MSU Safe Place (Domestic Violence Shelter) - 24 Hour Emergency Service
517.372.5572 Crisis Line
517.355.1100 Business Line